2013 Scheels Flatgrass Regional Showdown Rules
1. LAWS OF THE GAME
All games will be played in accordance with USYSA/FIFA laws. Any exceptions are as noted below.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY
- Age group eligibility conforms to the USYSA age matrix for seasonal registration years
||Born on or after
||Born on before
- For U11 and U12 teams, the maximum roster size is 14, which may include 4 guest players for non-tournament teams.
For U13 thru U16 teams, the maximum roster size is 18, which may include 4 guest players for non-tournament teams.
For U17 thru U19 teams, the maximum roster size is 22, which may include 4 guest players for non-tournament teams.
Guest players must have the necessary release form from their respective state association.
Since we are allowing up to 4 guest players, we are not allowing additional players under the state club pass policy..
No roster changes will be permitted after registration unless approved by the Tournament Director.
- All players must have valid USSF/USYSA Player Passes. All players must be listed on the Official Roster Form. Player Passes must be presented to the referees prior to the start of each game.
- Medical Release/ Waiver of Liability form is required for all players.
- A player may only play for one team in the tournament.
- All out-of-state teams must provide official "Permission to Travel" forms.
3. GAME INFORMATION
- Teams should be present at the field on which they are to play at least 20 minutes prior to game time. Teams will then check in with a referee at their designated field for the checking of player passes and equipment.
- There will be NO on field warm-ups.
- Games for U11 and U12 will be 2 - 25 minute halves (8 x 8) with a 5-minute half time. Games for U13 - U14 will be 2 - 30 minute halves with a 5-minute half time. Games for U15 - U19 will be 2 - 30 minute halves with a 5-minute half time.
- There will be a coin toss to determine who kicks off and who defends what side. The team which wins the toss decides which goal it will attack in the first half of the match. The other team takes the kick-off to start the match. The team listed first on the schedule is the home team and is required to change jersey if a color conflict exists. Home team will provide the game ball.
- Both teams will have their bench on one side of the field. Parents and spectators must watch the games from the opposite side of the field as their team and must stay behind the spectator lines.
4. UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
- Shin guards are required. Socks must be pulled over the shin guards.
- Casts (soft or hard) are not allowed.
- No jewelry or knotted headbands are allowed.
- All players on a team must have the same type of jersey. All jerseys must be tucked in. Jerseys must have a unique number on them.
- All red and yellow cards will be reported to the Referee Director.
- Red-carded players will be suspended for at least one game. (Two yellow cards in one game equal a red card.) Players red-carded for violent conduct, violent fouls or abusive language may be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
- All red cards will be reported to the state soccer association of the player's team.
- No substitution will be permitted for a red-carded player.
- A player receiving 3 yellow cards during the tournament will be suspended for a game.
- COACHES AND SPECTATORS
- Harassment of officials will not be tolerated. Referees may temporarily stop games or suspend play in the presence of persistent sideline harassment or intimidation. In the case of a game suspension, the Tournament Director will decide the outcome of the game.
- Coaches are responsible for the conduct of players, parents and spectators at the fields, hotels and other locations for the duration of the tournament. If the Flatgrass Regional Showdown receives complaints regarding conduct of any player or person associated with your team, the Tournament Director may ask any/all people to stay away from the tournament, and/or ask the team to leave the tournament, and/or ban the team from future tournaments.
6. FORFEITS/FAILURE TO SHOW
- All teams are expected to complete all scheduled games. Any team that fails to show or leaves the field of play before the end of a game may be disqualified from the tournament. That team may also be banned from future tournaments and its state association will be advised of its misconduct.
- A minimum of 7 players constitutes a team.
- Substitutions may be made prior to a throw-in in favor of your team, prior to a goal kick by either team, following a goal by either team, following an injury to a player from either team or at half time. Substitutions may also be made for your team on the opposing team’s throw-in if the opposing team also has a player at the half-way line.
- A player with blood on the uniform or on the body must be substituted out. The bleeding must be stopped, the injury covered with a bandage, and the uniform must be blood-free before the player may return to play.
8. TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR AND REFEREE AUTHORITY
All referee decisions are final. No protests are allowed. The Tournament Director has the right to relocate, reschedule, cancel, or reduce the length of any game. The Flatgrass Regional Showdown, tournament committee, and WYSA are not responsible for the expenses incurred by any team or individual if the tournament is canceled in whole or part.
- The tournament will utilize World Cup scoring of 3 points for a win or forfeit, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss.
- Tie Breakers -- Preliminary Round of playoffs
In the event that penalty kicks must be used, USYSA/FIFA rules will be followed. Each team will select 5 players to kick from those that were on the field at the end of regulation. The goalie for the shoot-out must be on the field at the end of regulation. Teams will alternate kicks --the visiting team shoots first. If the score remains tied after 5 kicks, teams will alternate kicks one at a time until a winner is determined. All eligible players must be used before anyone can repeat. Both teams must use the same number of players before anyone can repeat.
- Team with most wins
- Goal differential (goals scored minus goals allowed - maximum of 3 per game)
- Fewest goals allowed
- Most goals scored
- "Kicks from the Mark" (Penalty kicks).
- Semifinal and Championship games tied at the end of regulation go directly to penalty kicks. Same rules apply as stated in 9.B.6 above.
- Ties in round robin play will remain a tie. 1st and 2nd place will be determined by total points.
First and second place awards will be presented to players and coaches immediately after the championship game.
Download a copy of the 2013 Tournament rules in a pdf format.